State List for LGMD Awareness Day Proclamations – Contact List
STATE Website Instructions
- In order to complete the document accurately and efficiently, please provide as much information as possible. If you are requesting a proclamation, please cut and paste a copy of a previous proclamation or include enough information to draft a new version. Please submit the form no later than 30 days prior to date needed
- Please allow a minimum of 4-6 weeks advance notice when requesting a proclamation from the Office of the Governor. A proclamation will be reviewed one month prior to its proposed issue date
- Proclamation requests are accepted six weeks in advance of the event date or proclaimed date. Requests will be accepted no more than 6 months in advance and will not be issued more than 3 months in advance of the event.
- All proclamations must be submitted to the Office of Communications with at least a 30-day notice to allow for the approval process and the production of the document itself. Organizations are limited to two proclamation requests within the same calendar year. Please prioritize your requests.
- When requesting a commemorative message a draft of the requested language (200 words or less) and background information on the organization or individual must be included. All requests must be submitted no later than 30 days prior to your requested deadline or event date, whichever comes first. Please include a contact name, email, address and phone number, date of the event, date message is needed, and background information.
- Four weeks’ notice is required to provide proclamations.
- Due to the volume of requests received, your request must be submitted at least four weeks prior, but no more than 3 months prior, to the due date.
- Organizations can request a Proclamation for its special recognition Day, Week, or Month provided they are located in Delaware or have a Delaware connection if they are a national group. Please allow two weeks for your request to be processed.
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA http://os.dc.gov/service/ceremonial-services
- Please allow a minimum of three weeks to process your request. Please do not submit your request any more than three months before the date of your event.
- Please allow 4-6 weeks for review.
- All requests must be submitted at least 45 days before the proclamation is needed for consideration.
- All requests must be submitted a minimum of four (4) weeks prior to the date it is needed. Requests will be accepted no more than six (6) months in advance.
- Your request must be submitted three (3) weeks prior to the date you wish to receive the document. “The Governor’s Office only fulfills requests from in-state organizations. If a national organization wishes to request a proclamation, please find a local affiliate or sponsor.”
- Form to be completed online
- Requests must be submitted 6-8 weeks in advance of the requested delivery date or it will be denied.
- Requests must be made to the Governor’s office 6 weeks in advance of the date needed.
- You are strongly encouraged to submit your request 6-8 weeks in advance of your requested date. Requests will be accepted no more than six months in advance. If less than two weeks’ notice is given, the Governor’s Office reserves the right to decline.
- Proclamation requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- A minimum of two weeks’ notice is required to provide the proclamation. The Governor’s office may choose to decline any requests received with less than two weeks’ notice. Proclamations are not sent to out-of-state individuals or organizations. All proclamations are limited to 200 words. No proclamation will be proclaimed more than 45 days in advance, and only 1 original copy of each proclamation will be made.
- All requests must be made 45 days in advance.
- Requests for citations and proclamations must be received by the Governor’s Office at least 8 weeks in advance of your deadline.
- If you would like to request a proclamation, please email your request, along with suggested language and background materials, at least 20 business days before the print or event deadline. Please note the Governor does not issue proclamations more than thirty days in advance.
- To submit a proclamation or program book welcome letter request, please send a detailed e-mail to [email protected] at least four weeks in advance of when the recognition is needed.
- Complete the Proclamation Request Form (all requests must be in writing) at least 20 calendar days in advance of the date it is needed.
- To request a Proclamation, which much must be submitted at least 30 days in advance of the proclamation date, contact Bonita Waters at [email protected] or (601) 576-2968.
- Due to the volume of requests received by the Governor’s Office and the time involved in processing the requests, please note that it can take up to three weeks for a proclamation to be issued.
MONTANA No process identified:
- You can contact the Governor’s office by mail or by phone: Office of the Governor PO Box 200801 Helena MT 59620-0801 Phone: 406-444-3111 Toll-Free: 855-318-1330 FAX: 406-444-5529
- Please submit requests with appropriate notice of three weeks.
- Proclamation requests must be submitted at least 30 days in advance of the required issue date.
NEW HAMPSHIRE http://www.governor.nh.gov/citizen/index.htm
- Send a request in writing to the Governor’s Office at: Governor Maggie Hassan State House 107 North Main Street Concord, NH 03301 Or by email. Please send requests at least two weeks in advance and include as much information as possible.
NEW JERSEY http://www.state.nj.us/governor/contact/
- Select “requesting proclamation/special letter.”
NEW MEXICO http://governor.state.nm.us/Proclamations_1.aspx
- Requests will be accepted no more than 6 months in advance and will not be issued more than 3 months in advance of the event. Four-week notice is required to provide proclamations.
NEW YORK https://www.governor.ny.gov/content/governor-contact-form
- Further information on obtaining a Proclamation is available by contacting Executive Chamber Operations/Proclamations at (518) 474-6499 or by writing to the Governor at: The Honorable Andrew M. Cuomo Governor of New York State NYS State Capitol Building Albany, New York 12224 (Attention: Proclamations)
NORTH CAROLINA https://governor.nc.gov/request-proclamation-letter-or-award
- Please note that all requests require 6-8 weeks prior notification
NORTH DAKOTA http://governor.nd.gov/contact-us
- No formal process; contact the governor.
- In Select Issue drop-down menu, select “requesting proclamation/special letter.”
- All requests should be made at least 30 days in advance.
- All proclamations must be submitted with at least a 30-day notice to allow for the approval process and the production of the document itself.
- Requests must be submitted in writing and should include detailed information about the type of greeting you are requesting, the date you will need to receive it, contact information and a mailing address to send the final document. Requests can be submitted via email to [email protected], via fax to 717-772-8284, or via mail to the Governor’s Correspondence Office, 508-E Main Capitol Building, Harrisburg, PA 17120. Contact the Governor’s Correspondence Office at 717-787-5825 if you have additional questions about your request.
RHODE ISLAND http://www.governor.ri.gov/faq
- Click on “How to request a proclamation”. Should be received at least 45 days before the delivery/pick-up date.
SOUTH CAROLINA http://governor.sc.gov/EXECUTIVEOFFICE/Pages/Proclamations.aspx
- Please submit your request 30 days in advance.
SOUTH DAKOTA http://sd.gov/governor/contact.aspx
- No formal process; contact the governor.
- Requests must be made through the governor’s website no less than 21 business days in advance. Proclamations may be requested, but will not be issued, more than three months in advance.
- Click “I need assistance”. Complete required fields. Under issue click “Ceremonial item request.” Include request and draft proclamation in the comment box.
- All declaration requests must be submitted online on the Governor’s website using the application form link. The application must be submitted at least six weeks in advance of the date needed.
- The public may request proclamation 4-6 weeks before the desired date, and the governor may make a determination based on his review.
- Requests must be made no fewer than 45 days in advance and no more than 120 days in advance of the date you need the proclamation.
- All requests must be received at least 30 days before the date you need the item by or the print date.
WEST VIRGINIA http://www.governor.wv.gov/Pages/ProclamationRequestGuidelines.aspx
- All proclamations must be submitted at least 30 days in advance to allow for the approval process and the production of the document itself.
- Requests must be made no fewer than 45 days in advance of the date you need the proclamation.
- Requests for a proclamation signing should be made four to six weeks prior to the requested date. The Governor’s Office tries to let requesters know the outcome of a proclamation two to four weeks before the requested date.